- 1. I learn something from students each classroom assignment.
- 2. Substituting has turned me into a better negotiator in other aspects of my life.
- 3. I can read "Cat in the Hat" with joy after 12,000 times!
- 4. Hearing "yeah!" from the students when they discover I'm in for the day.
- 5. Treasured friendships made with fellow staff members.
- 6. Got to love those minimum days with full pay!
- 7. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery": As a sub, I incorporate fabulous ideas
from various teachers into my curriculum
- 8. When so many currently layed off teachers are out of a job, it's amazing we "temps" are still getting the calls.
- 9. My husband says I'm more organized around the home when working.
- 10. I've learned to take the discipline challenged student and make them a special helper.
- 11. Admittedly, I have been slow "going green". Seeing schools jump on the bandwagon has made me more aware and active in these efforts.
- 12. I thank the stars
for every hug and smile students have given me throughout the years.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
As I ponder the Twelve Days of Christmas, I'm inclined to count my blessings in this rewarding profession . . .
Posted by OptimistSheryl at 8:50 AM